Glassworks manufacture all types of connector system for the Block electrodes and can advise of the most suitable for the relevant application.
All connectors are individually matches to each electrode based on tolerances in order to achieve the best possible electrical connection.
Connector types for block type electrodes
Include the Linear Plug, Lateral Plug, Metallic plug, back face and silver rod connectors.
The position of the electrodes, the current density applied and the connector type are all critical factors in obtaining best results.
- Lead Crystal Glass
- Optical and ophthalmic Glasses
- TFT and PDP Glass
- Specialty Glasses
- Forehearths and refiners.
- Conventional Boosting
- Suitable to temperatures in excess of 1780 degrees C (* depending on connecting method)
- Standard Diameters: 38mm, 64mm, 82mm, 88mm, 100mm, 120mm, 125mm, 150mm, 160mm, 17 mm, 200mm. (A maximum length of 650mm for a single rod – smaller for smaller diameters)
- Other non-standard sizes can be manufactured on request and all electrodes may be manufactured with hemispherical or flat surface at the hot (glass interface) end.
Every electrode is individually made, numbered and tested and inspected to the highest quality specifications prior to approval and eventual dispatch. Glassworks stores all quality control data and is available to customers as required.